Thank you for stopping by. A little about me: I am a dancer, dog mom, foodie & an entrepreneur….who also lives with type one diabetes.
I had a pretty normal childhood growing up, except when diabetes came into the picture. I was diagnosed with type one diabetes (t1d) at age five and my whole world changed in that one second. Even though t1d filled my world with carb counting and needles, I never let it hold me back. During my time as a dance major at The University of Texas at Austin I became co-president of our College Diabetes Network (CDN) chapter, “Type Texas.” It was at that time that I realized how much easier diabetes can be when you surround yourself with the amazing people in this community.
After connecting with others, I realized how much we all had struggled with type one diabetes growing up and the many similar issues we faced. I began to do my own research and develop my own management methods and solutions. Type One Together was created soon after to help normalize type one diabetes for kids and fill the gaps of information that was missing to make their parents' lives easier.
Whether you join our FREE “Filling the Gaps” community to connect with others and learn from others with years of diabetes under their belt or your child finds a product here that makes them feel included, it is my hope to make living with diabetes a little more fun!
A quick look about me!
- I have been living with diabetes for almost 19 years
- I was a dance major in college and am still figuring out how dance fits into my life - 💃it will always be one of my biggest passions & has taught me sooooo much about t1d
- I believe that diabetes sucks but a great mindset can turn it into one of the best things about you! 🌟 It has 100% made me who I am today and I am thankful for it in a lot of ways.
- I have the Tandem Tslim tslim and dexcom (LOVE BOTH) but still haven’t switched to control IQ...I love basal IQ too much
- I believe in feeling every feeling all the way but also actively searching joy on the daily. 🤗 If you look for it, you will find it!
Thank you for being part of my story. Come say hi on my Instagram @typeoneday. I would love to connect!